[FFmpeg-user] Encrypted fmp4 not yet supported

Robin van der Linden linden at venom.one
Wed Jun 15 12:09:22 EEST 2022

Hello,

Today I actually wanted to start implementing HLS segment encryption for
my streams, but each time I try to generate encrypted output segments I
run into the following error:

"Encrypted fmp4 not yet supported\nCould not write header for output
file #2"

After some googling I came across this post, which I quite old but still
seems true:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7138

It still seems that even 2 years later fmp4 encryption is not supported,
and I'm asking myself why it was supported in the past but
has been dropped, at least according to this post? Is there any
workaround here? Can I maybe use OpenSSL here as a workaround?

Thanks in advance

--
Grüße / Kind regards,

Robin van der Linden