[FFmpeg-user] Get the file size in advance when encoding from one another format

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 14 21:17:56 EEST 2022

Am 14.06.22 um 19:58 schrieb Sendex Six:
> I've created a simple wrapper for FFmpeg using java and use this in a
> spring boot web application, and everything works fine. But the problem is
> I have this requirement that I need to get the file size of any media
> format in advance from encoding to another format because I need to set the
> Header Content-Length

may you explain why you start the exactly same topic as at 2022-05-23 again?

for the sake of god YOU CAN NOT and there is simply no need for a
Content-Length-Header

AGAIN: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunked_transfer_encoding

In this case, the HTTP Content-Length header cannot be used to delimit
the content and the next HTTP request/response, as the content size is
not yet known