[FFmpeg-user] Error: Impossible to convert between the formats...(Nvidia codecs)

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 14:54:37 EEST 2022

On Sat, 9 Jul 2022 at 14:40, Ben Parham <behfarteam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Dennis. It works with 6 in-preset p4. Now I am running one
> stream, but I will run 5 streams in RTX A2000. Does it support this number
> in all streams?

Hello there,
That GPU has no limitations on the simultaneous number of NVENC sessions it
can handle.
However, throughput will be significantly impacted by its' low power
profile limit (70W?) as you add more transcode jobs.
This is an issue I've observed in production with a similar GPU profile,
the Tesla T4.
You may consider tuning these encoder presets to compensate for throughput
drops with multiple simultaneous transcode sessions, if real time encoding
is a priority to you.
And on NVDEC: VRAM usage can also be quite steep with multiple sessions.
Monitor that carefully via nvidia-smi as you add more transcode jobs.