[FFmpeg-user] No Audio from ALSA device on Raspberry Pi

Mark L mvlambiase at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:49:25 EET 2022

The problem is that arecord and ffmpeg do not use the same devices.

Trying the hw"0 and sysdefault, as recommended in the links I posted from
ffmpeg.org.
Each program is calling the device natively and appears to recognize my
device designations without erring.
The reason I mentioned arecord is to demonstrate that I have tested the
microphone, and it works.