[FFmpeg-user] Ubuntu 21.10 ffmpeg 4.4 compile- libzmq3-dev *fail*

Matt C asperi at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:45:01 EET 2022

Not sure if the is a libzmq or ffmpeg issue...
On Ubuntu 21.10 while compiling ffmpeg 4.4 and trying to include
--enable-libzmq
FFmpeg cannot find libzmq and is specifically looking for: libzmq 4.2.1 even when I have
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev
This does not happen on Ubuntu 20.04.
The only way I could get libzmq to work was to use gcc 9, get zeromq-4.2.1.tar.gz
./autogen.sh ./configure make sudo make install
That let ffmpeg compile but it was messing everything else up so that is not a solution.
Only other info I could find was here, looks like this has maybe happened before?
https://github.com/conda-forge/zeromq-feedstock/issues/16<https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/issues/url>

Thanks!