[FFmpeg-user] Compile ffmpeg. Error from ./configure - ERROR: libzmq >= 4.2.1 not found using pkg-config

Thomas Seilund tps.ffmpeg at netmaster.dk
Thu Jan 6 09:24:57 EET 2022

On 1/5/22 7:39 PM, Micael Silva wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 3:16 PM Thomas Seilund via ffmpeg-user <
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I can't compile ffmpeg on a raspberry pi 4.
>>
>> When I ./configure I use --enable-libzmq
>>
>> This is system information:
>>
>> uname -a
>>
>> Linux rasberry 5.10.63-v8+ #1488 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 18 16:16:16 GMT
>> 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> The error I get when i do ./configure .... is:
>>
>> ERROR: libzmq >= 4.2.1 not found using pkg-config
>>
>> I believe I do have the correct version of libzmq. I do this to check:
>>
>> pkg-config --modversion libzmq
>>
>> 4.3.5
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> As I see it ./configure complains that pkg-config does not inform about
>> the availability of a required version of libzmq.
>>
>> But when I check the version of libzmq using pkg-config I do see a
>> higher version than the required version.
>>
>> Please help
>>
>> Thomas S
>>
> For compiling you need the development package installed, something like
> libzmq-dev
Thanks a lot

I had this as the first part of the call to ./configure and as I see it
I use a customized PKG_CONFIG_PATH:

PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure \

When I removed references til PKG in my call to ./configure everything
turned out fine.

Thanks a lot

Thomas S