[FFmpeg-user] PhotoJPEG File doesn't playback properly on Quicktime 7

Patrick Cusack patrickcusack at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 00:48:04 EET 2022

I wouldn’t know if this is an ffmpeg or Quicktime 7 issue, but I am encountering  playback stutter on Quicktime 7 when playing back photo-jpeg encoded files. I don’t encounter this issue in Quicktime X or with other players. I only bring this up so I can verify that I am not missing anything. I am using the following example:

ffmpeg -i moviefile.mov -c:v mjpeg -pix_fmt yuv420p output.mov

How would you recommend I further diagnose this issue?

Patrick