[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg question on Raspberry Pi

Fred Kemp fkemp at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 22 22:14:29 EET 2022

     I need help in trying to develop a security camera for a remote
area of a farm.  There is no internet in some places there and some of
the motion videos may be long, e.g., 20 to 30 minutes.

     So, I would like to be able to record these longer motion videos on
a Raspberry Pi locally, concatenate them and then be able to somehow
quickly review the compilation/concatenated video on a video player and
then download the snippet(s) of video to a smart phone.

     I'm looking for direction as far as software goes.  I am not tech
savvy but I know enough to see this project possibly going down a number
of dead ends as I learn about the limitations of various software
packages.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

     I was thinking of possibly:

 1.     Recording motion using Motion or MotionEyes to a particular
    directory for the day,
 2.     Then using FFMpeg to possibly automatically concatenate the
    videos in that directory into one bigger file, and
 3.     Then using a video player to scroll through the video and
    download a particular segment to my iPhone.

     Is this possible?

    Thank you in advance for your time!