[FFmpeg-user] Still images to video sequence?

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Sun Feb 20 05:19:20 EET 2022

Thank you Leo, Michael, Ronnie, your info was very helpful. Michael's link
to the crossfading part worked very nicely, and with -loop 1 and -shortest,
the result repeats the images until the audio runs out. It seems that -loop
takes a boolean, not a duration, at least that's what happened for me, but
the loop instruction was also critical to keeping the show going until the
audio file ran out.

Much appreciate all your help, thank you,
Cheers,
Simon

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 11:05 AM Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de>
wrote:

> Am 19.02.2022 um 18:14 schrieb Simon Roberts:
> > Hi all, I would like to create a video sequence built around a number of
> > still images. Each image would be displayed for a number of seconds, then
> > dissolve/fade (not certain of the terminology) into the next.
> >
> > To date, my experience with ffmpeg has been very limited, so I'm not sure
> > where to start. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right
> direction?
>
> A slideshow with crossfadings between the images can be realized with a
> combination of the "zoompan" and "framerate" filters. See chapter 2.4 in
> my book:
> http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf
>
> Michael

Simon Roberts