[FFmpeg-user] Video Notation, A Video Lingua Franca 1+2of11.zip (8.8 KB)

Mark Filipak markfilipak.noreply at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:02:10 EET 2022

On 2022-02-07 12:41, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 2/6/2022 11:15 PM, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
>> It would be easier to review if you were to put these files on a web server.
>
> Mark, please do. Few if any people are going to download the attachments, open the zip files, -then-
> open them in a browser.
>
> Or- render the pages as PDF and attach those, but IMHO it's still easier for the reader to pull them
> from a web server than from attachments.
>
> (I do look forward to reading the docs, but aren't going with the multi-step setup.)
>
> Later,
>
> z!

Thanks, Carl.

I agree. Can you suggest a server? I'm ignorant about such things. Oh, I know what a server is, and
circa 2008 I had my own web site with a ClarkConnect (Linux, now called "ClearOS") server running on
a Dell Optiplex in my basement, but you know, no one used it except a hacker who invaded it and used
it as a pirate music store. 8-)

Yeah, I can make PDFs. But then, I think, they wouldn't link. PDFs do have the advantage of
supporting user notes, and interested people could use that as a sort'a interactive chat channel
while passing the PDFs around...

I only know Doom9 and SuperUser, but they wouldn't work very well except for short messages, and
Doom9 is somewhat broken and hard to navigate. SuperUser tends to close topics a lot. I don't think
either would be appropriate for this sort of stuff.

Having the actual HTMLs has it advantages but I respect your opinions. Suggestions? I know of
WordPress but I've never been able to figure it out.

Anything with "git" in its name is a non-starter -- too cryptic, too hostile.