[FFmpeg-user] Get sample rate in mp3 files

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Mon Feb 7 19:17:57 EET 2022

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 at 17:05, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> why do you then respoind at all?
> to achieve what expect noise?

To forestall the usual cycle of:

- "Reindl you could use different language"
- "Reindl you don't need to insult people"
- "Reindl you should do this, don't do that, etc etc etc"

each with angry rebuttals, name-calling, someone trying to unsubscribe
from the list by replying in the middle of the thread (?!), more
name-calling, more variations of the above for a dozen or two emails.

It doesn't make a difference to you, and it just annoys you. It might
make a difference to someone else reading, so that they know what
they're getting into before they waste their time. The message is for
Kieran O'Leary, or whoever else is relatively new and has yet to see
their first "Reindl insults a stranger over something trivial" thread.

> it's not about other threads and the "snowflake" where the deserved
> reaction for a moron not able to distinct between "are you stupid" and
> "stupid idea" - and yes pun intended, with the "moron" as well with the
> "snowflake"
>
> with the snowflakes of your generation we would still live on trees as
> human race

You demonstrated my point about deflecting and
justifications-after-the-fact magnificently, thank you :)

Cheers,
Rob