[FFmpeg-user] Error decoding DTS-HD MA audio files

rfischer56 at gmail.com rfischer56 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 23:23:45 EEST 2022

Thanks, Paul
You are a genius. Your command worked with the two files I had sent you. I am now getting playback on the dCS Rossini from the beginning and (as far as I can hear) gapless playback between 4 and 5.
However, I still have an inkling that not all is well
I have attached the log of the two conversions that I did. Chapter 4 seems to convert ok with some messages but (as I see it) nothing serious. However Chapter 5 (the one that previously converted to 48kHz) has some serious error messages. Playback of the flac file seems ok.
The dts file was extracted from the BluRay using DVDAE and the 'direct stream demux' option.  Ffmpeg has more issues with some extracted "dts files than with others. Could it be that the issue is already at the stage of the 'direct stream demux' option?
As I am getting exactly the same results (same files extract @48kHz) using MakeMKV / MMH, there could be a problem at the ripping stage of the BluRay and not primarily with ffmpeg? What do you think?
Best regards
Rudi