[FFmpeg-user] Multichannel audio live streaming problem

Francesco Polchi der.deringer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:31:35 EEST 2022

Hi all,

Due to bandwidth problems I'm trying to do a sigle rtmp stream to pass 1
video stream with 6 audio mono audio channels to another computer over the
internet to recompose it later. I'm successfully  doing it but my 4th
channel results in very goofy sound being lowcutted and highpassed. ffmpeg
is guessing a 5.1 channel layout so the 4th channel is seen as LFE, but in
every configuration I've tried I was unable to prevent this kind of
behaviour.

Is there a way to live stream with 6 channels of mono audio without eq
filtering being applied?