[FFmpeg-user] Bink 2 support

Sina Mahdavi googelinbuks at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:24:21 EEST 2022

Bink 2 is *massively* better than Bink 1. You'll be shocked at how low you
can drop the data rate while maintaining beautiful quality.

And even cooler, Bink 2 can be much faster than Bink 1, due to its
multi-core scaling and SIMD design (up to 70% of the instructions executed
on a frame are SIMD). It is *really* fast - it can play 4K video frames
(3840x2160) in 4 ms PCs and 11 ms PS4/Xbox One using the CPU only (or 1.4
ms PC and 2.3 ms PS4/Xbox using GPU acceleration)!

Bink 2 is available for Windows (all versions - desktop, Store, UWP),
macOS, Linux, Sony PS5, Sony PS4, Sony PS3, Sony PSVita, Xbox One Series X,
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Wii WiiU, Android and iOS.

Bink is essentially the de facto video codec for games. It has been
licensed for over 15,000 games <http://www.radgametools.com/binkgames.htm> on
14 different platforms!

Most game developers are shocked to find that they can get Bink videos
playing in less than an hour - including tricky stuff like pixel shaders.
Bink feels like a codec that you wrote custom for your game - it just works
like you would expect it to.

You can also check out what our customers think
<http://www.radgametools.com/binkgames.htm>, or you can read more about Bink
on your game platform <http://www.radgametools.com/binksdk.htm>. Check out
the Bink version history <http://www.radgametools.com/bnkhist.htm>, if you
are looking for something specific.

Let's go over a few of the cool things that Bink does, but remember, the
fastest way to learn about Bink is just to email us
<sales3 at radgametools.com> and set up an evaluation!