[FFmpeg-user] How can I extract m3u8 URL for use with ffmpeg on this site?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:26:56 EEST 2022

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 23:49:26 +0200, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 01:42:39 +0200, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>> That command was for Xidel 0.9.8, which you're not using anymore if I understand correctly.
>> What would it be for the most recent xidel?
>
>The final query in my initial post:
>
>On 2022-04-09T13:14:18+0200, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> $ xidel -s "http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-2565" -e '
>>   x:request({
>>     "post":request-combine(
>>       (),
>>       {
>>         "chname":string-to-base64Binary(
>>           extract(//meta[@property="og:image"]/@content,"([a-z_]+)\.jpg",1)
>>         ),
>>         "ch":"http://www.freeintertv.com/externals/tv-russia/smotret-tv3-online",
>>         "html5":"11"
>>       }
>>     )/substring(url,2),
>>     "url":"http://www.freeintertv.com/myAjax/get_item_m3u8/"
>>   })/extract(raw,"http.+m3u8")
>> '
>> http://1128480543.rsc.cdn77.org/SlTNwu1CSVEq9yA3i_J9Zg==,1649504141/1128480543/index.m3u8
>
>Or minified:
>
>$ xidel -s "http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-2565" -e 'x:request({"post":request-combine((),{"chname":string-to-base64Binary(extract(//meta[@property="og:image"]/@content,"([a-z_]+)\.jpg",1)),"ch":"http://www.freeintertv.com/externals/tv-russia/smotret-tv3-online","html5":"11"})/substring(url,2),"url":"http://www.freeintertv.com/myAjax/get_item_m3u8/"})/extract(raw,"http.+m3u8")'

This command executed OK and produced a valid m3u8 URL for the 2565 video.
But for that I already had a working extraction command using curl.

Back to video source Id=2308
----------------------------
Yesterday evening I grabbed a new m3u8 URL using FireFox and then I set up a
number of at jobs to use that in order to download small 20 s snippets every 10
minutes for 3 hours overnight.
This was done to check for how long such an M3U8 would be valid. I expected 1-2
hours.

Surprise!
All of these small downloads completed and if I test now it still works!
So I have expanded that test with a new set of at jobs for a couple of hours.

It seems like I have found a "golden" URL by chance!

Previous testing showed that even a 2+ hour old URL from FireFox did not work
for the actual show download.

I hope this URL will stay operational for at least a day or so.

Could it be that it stays working as long as someone (me) keeps using it at
regular intervals?
Like some server side timeout?
If so I could just set my system up to download a bogus snippet every hour or so
to keep it living...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden