[FFmpeg-user] Where do I start when it comes to creating a page on my online server to convert videos and resize them using ffmpeg?

cas cas at matrixfiles.com
Wed Apr 13 01:58:51 EEST 2022

Hi,

I would like to know where I can read up on and learn about installing ffmpeg on my own online server (which is a 1TB, 64bit platter disk VPS and uses AlmaLinux combined with the free version of Direct Admin) to convert videos for myself using the resources of the server and not my personal laptop, which is not powerful enough to do so without causing usability issues (its not a very powerful laptop).

I have used online services in the past but most of them have now limited their services in how big of a file can be uploaded and converted and how many videos can be converted from a single IP address.

Any help and/or pointers would be greatly appreciated.