[FFmpeg-user] High audio latency (although low with ffplay!)

Arif Driessen arifd86 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 15:21:43 EEST 2021

Well, definitely more the audio side than the video side. But I wouldn't be
opposed to getting there eventually, or even first, if there's something
relatively simple that needs doing!
But at this point in my level of competence, (I think) I basically need
someone wiser than me to just say, "do this..."

However, My inroad, as I see it, is essentially going from high  level to
low level so probably somewhere in this order of contribution:

1) Documentation fixes / maybe other superficial maintenance tasks that
need doing
2) Audio filters (because I understand music production, and a tiny bit of
the math and higher-level DSP concepts
3) Pulse/Pipewire (as I'm on GNU/Linux)
4) ALSA mentioned afterwards as it's more lower-level
5) branching out to video
5) Migrating ffmpeg to Rust (hahaha joking)