[FFmpeg-user] Question

Cross cross at dillfrescott.com
Sat Oct 23 09:04:28 EEST 2021

Just a quick question. Basically I'm trying to get ffmpeg to generate colored pixels but its only working with black and white.

I'm trying to convert an image into pixels/video and then be able to convert it back.My command is: ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt monob -s 160x90 -r 30 -i image0.png -vf scale=iw*8:-1 -sws_flags neighbor -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -y output.mp4

When I replace the monob with another pixel format that has color, it makes the pixels colored, except when I try to reverse the process, the image isn't able to be opened.I suspect it has something to do with which pixel format I'm using? Because it works fine in black and white with monob.
Any help would be appreciated!

- Cross Nastasi