[FFmpeg-user] segment_wrap

S. Helbig s.helbig at mailbox.org
Tue Oct 19 01:26:37 EEST 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to unerstand what the documentation refers to with regards to
'segment_wrap limit'.
It says: "Wrap around segment index once it reaches 'limit'"

So is 'limit' size, time (seconds?) or anything else?

I tested a 4hr stream recording with 'segment_wrap 4' and got one big
segment of 3.5GB with those 4hrs shrinked to 55min. I'm working on
getting equally times segments in the end (re-encode)- once
'segment_wrap' is working.

Context:
ffmpeg -loglevel debug -hide_banner -i 'SOURCE URL' -y -f segment \
-segment_time 3600 -segment_format mp4 -segment_wrap 4 -c copy \
/path/to/destination/file-%03d.mp4

Regards,
Stephan