[FFmpeg-user] Python / Qprocess misfires commands.

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue May 18 18:37:07 EEST 2021

Moritz Barsnick (12021-05-18):
> Sure. I don't understand QProcess (yet, or anymore), so I have no idea
> what to debug. I don't know what to make of the return code 6 either.

That could be a signal number incorrectly interpreted as a return code.

That would make the signal probably SIGABRT, and therefore probably the
sign of a failed assert.

It is almost certain more diagnostic appears in ffmpeg's output. I do
not know if Qt allows to capture it, but it would be unforgivable not
to. Anyway, the ffmpeg-user mailing list is not the place to learn Qt
programming, nor generic system programming.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George