[FFmpeg-user] Failed / strange build script, now with log / script files in link

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue May 11 15:59:04 EEST 2021

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 09:50:14 +0200, Bouke wrote:
> Logfiles and script is here:
> Download link
> https://we.tl/t-UB5Ynvv8DE <https://we.tl/t-UB5Ynvv8DE>
>
> (Original script comes from https://github.com/markus-perl/ffmpeg-build-script <https://github.com/markus-perl/ffmpeg-build-script> )

You can't report your issue there, because you modified the script,
correct? I don't see a drawtext/fontconfig feature request there
either. (I do see your Decklink one.)

Anyway, regarding fontconfig:

> test_pkg_config libfontconfig fontconfig fontconfig/fontconfig.h FcInit
> pkg-config --exists --print-errors fontconfig
> Package fontconfig was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
> No package 'fontconfig' found
> ERROR: fontconfig not found using pkg-config

Does your machine have actually fontconfig.pc?
On Linux, I would do
$ locate fontconfig.pc
I assume MacOS has a similar function. (Note that the database for
locate is updated in large intervals, it won't find anything I
installed today.)

And regarding static/dynamic:
> MacBook-Pro:~ bouke$ /Users/bouke/Desktop/ffplay ; exit;
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/fontconfig/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Users/bouke/Desktop/ffplay
>   Reason: image not found

I have no idea why the compiler would link against a dynamic library
which isn't there. On Linux, I would know how to check the compile-time
and run-time linkers, but not here remotely.

And regarding static vs. dynamic: Is a static libfontconfig available
at all? Does the system provide static libraries? (I sort of doubt it.)

Cheers,
Moritz