[FFmpeg-user] fragmented mp4 and playing while converting

Julien Dotsev j.docev at gmail.com
Thu May 6 04:29:10 EEST 2021

Hi Carl,
As I mentioned above I want to be able to play it in a HTML<video> tag.  As
in a video tag it can be only 3 formats.  I can't play avi, so that's why I
try to convert it.

I have a server with files. Not all of them are  HTML<video> tag
compatible. I want to be able to play them in a browser, but I don't
want to keep another copy with another format on the server. And I can not
convert them and have the converted copy either because I must be able to
give back the original file to the user. So that's why I try to play it
during the conversion.
I suppose the live streaming is done in the same way. You convert the
stream to a compatible format and then you embed it in the <video> tag,
right?

Do you have any suggestions?

Julian