[FFmpeg-user] fragmented mp4 and playing while converting

Julien Dotsev j.docev at gmail.com
Wed May 5 10:39:42 EEST 2021

Hi, I'm looking for a possibility to play the output file during the
conversion. I tried with fragmented mp4 and this command:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -movflags
+frag_keyframe+separate_moof+omit_tfhd_offset+empty_moov output.mp4

The problem I have is that when I play the output it plays until the
momentary time duration of the video. For example If I hit play and I have
2 min converted video at that moment it will play just the 2 minutes and it
will not play more even if at the end of that 2 minutes all the video is
converted.

Is there any way to let the video play all the way during its conversion?
Maybe some way  to insert the real time duration of the video? or maybe
another video format? Anything that can let me play the video in an html
<video> tag during its conversion.

Thank you in advance!
Julian