[FFmpeg-user] Odd video output, playing RTSP on RPI

schrotty schrottloch at gmx.de
Sun May 2 17:46:59 EEST 2021

On 4/24/2021 6:12 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 10:01:21 -0400, schrotty <schrottloch at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> my RPI is running a headless raspian installation.
>> i see the RTSP stream in the lower left corner of the screen at a very
>> low frame rate (1 frame  /10s) and then i also see a mouse pointer above
>> the RTSP stream area.
> If the RPi computer is headless how can you view the output?

Hello Bo.

You don't need a desktop to view a video on the RPI.
I have used CVLC and OMXPlayer to view videos on
headless raspbian installations.
when i say "headless" i mean raspbian lite , without desktop.

CVLC has a coomand where one can select the video output module.
was wondering if ffplay does too.

I am new to ffmpeg/ffview , that is why i am not familiar with
it yet and try to learn how to use it.