[FFmpeg-user] Cutting out part of a video does not work

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 18:18:18 EET 2021

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 10:06:03 +0100, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net> wrote:

>> But it all looks the same with the time incrementing at exactly 5 seconds...
>
>Looks like someone took extra care to have a static keyframe interval.
>One can do that. With default codec options x264 won't produce such
>output though.

The source is using a youtube URL for the streaming video and I use either
youtube-dl or ffmpeg directly to get it in my scripts.

Is the fact that the times are so exact indication of recoding by Youtube, or is
the source like that?
I really have no idea how Youtube video streaming works, I just use YouTube if
that is the source...
And I have never published any video on Youtube so I don't know the process.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden