[FFmpeg-user] Cutting out part of a video does not work

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 10:19:08 EET 2021

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 08:29:26 +0100, Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

>Before working with the video I narrowed it. (If I do not my processor
>gets to hot and the computer shuts down.) There I use crf 23, maybe I
>should redefine that to 16.

I also encountered overheating and shutdown when using ffmpeg.
Turns out I had to blow out all of the dust accumulated inside the cooling
system on my HP 8440w with compressed air. After that the computer did no longer
shut down even though it revved up the fan to max.

Worth a check of your computer.
It should be able to run at 100% CPU for quite a while in normal surroundings
(if the air flow is not obstructed, please check the inlets on the underside of
the laptop).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden