[FFmpeg-user] 1080i AVC-I 100 frame rate conversion

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 20:46:56 EET 2021

Am Fr., 26. März 2021 um 15:32 Uhr schrieb Bruce Roberts <roberb04 at gmail.com>:

> I'm looking for advice on the best ways to convert 23.976fps
> and 29.97fps AVC-I 100Mbps content to 25fps

The single most important question is:
What do you mean with "convert"?

Usually, changing the speed of the video is completely
unacceptable, but if it is acceptable for you, you can
test the input option "-r" which (is different from the
output option "-r" and) allows you to save the intermediate
step to change the speed (and duration) of the output
file (but does not always work, please test).

Please provide an input sample file to allow debugging
of the bands you see with the framerate filter.

Generally, please always post the command lines
you tested together with the complete, uncut console
output.