[FFmpeg-user] Hiding part of a video

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Mar 26 19:26:13 EET 2021

On 3/26/2021 2:09 AM, Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> I publish speeches I give during zoom meetings. The problem is that
> some people forget to mute themselves and when they make a sound they
> will appear in the video. Luckily most time people do not have a
> problem with that. But if they would, what would the best way to hide
> them?

Pull the video into some editing software and drop in a few replacement
frames when needed. You could do this with ffmpeg, but it's probably going
to be simpler in the long run with with purpose-built editing software*
(FOSS editors often use ffmpeg libraries inside, I know shotcut does).

*openShot, Kdenlive, VidCutter, Shotcut, etc

(You might be able to build a house with just a Swiss Army knife, but it'll
be easier if you also have a hammer.)

z!