[FFmpeg-user] How to get he total number of frames

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Tue Mar 9 15:39:56 EET 2021

Am 09.03.21 um 14:22 schrieb Nicolas George:
> Ulf Zibis (12021-03-09):
>> So for correctness, ffmpeg should report packets instead frames in its
>> progress output line, at least with -c copy ... or please correct me.
> Would you insist on people saying that the mailman brings envelopes
> instead of letters too?

I'm not aware, if mailman technically is able to enclose more than one letter in an envelope, but an analogue postman indeed can deliver multiple letters in one envelope, and according your statement, multimedia streams can envelope multiple frames in one packet.

-Ulf