[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg list footer

Jim Hollingsworth jbhworth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:10:38 EET 2021

UNSUBSCRIBE!!!!

On Mar 9, 2021, at 7:09 AM, Jim Hollingsworth <jbhworth at gmail.com> wrote:

How about somebody remove those who have unsubscribed 10 times!!!!

On Mar 9, 2021, at 6:29 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

Am 09.03.21 um 12:23 schrieb Peter White:
>> sorry, but i fell insulted when i get explained how to walk on each and
>> every mail bottom
> I wouldn't. It is just an additional set of reminders which anybody who
> knows how to work can happily ignore.

i am annoyed by the current footer because it's large enough and get quoted as well as all sort of useless disclaimers again and again

>> how do you even think that would help?
> Maybe it would reduce the number of people doing this.

i doubt

>> look at that bunch of idiots which repleatly ignore the "don't top post" and
>> how do you imagine would a list-footer with the sentence change that
>>
>> look at the bunch of idiots quoting the list footer 1,,2 or even 3 times in
>> their replies and you see they don't give a shit
>>
>> look at the bunch of idiots taking a random message, press reply-all and
>> change the subject to "unsubscribe"
> Yes, there will always be those that ignore everything. But I think
> there are some who are just new or unfamiliar with the style of mailing
> lists. If only some of those read the footer and act accordingly, there
> would be less of those reminder messages.

this belongs in the welcome-message after subscrfiption and idiots which don't read or understand it have to be unsubscribed - case closed

>> so in the real world the bunch of idiots with no brain and no capabilities
>> for operate a mail client don't give a shit whatever spam you place at the
>> bottom of each mail
> I think it is not about that bunch of idiots but about the ignorant ones
> (as in: "sorry, didn't know that").

and you *really* think they would have read the list footer?

>> you only insult the others explaining them daily how to walk
> Do you really think that? I, for one, do not even notice the footer
> anymore, since I know its content. Maybe other subscribers do the same

i see this fucking footer quoted multiple times in the middle fo messages way too often