[FFmpeg-user] 4K RGB->YUV realtime conversion.

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Mon Mar 8 21:14:02 EET 2021

On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 07:58:44PM +0100, Anders Degerberg wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 19:18, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net> wrote:
> > Try:
> >
> > ffmpeg -i input_file -sws_flags show_info ... output_file
> '-sws_flags print_info' gives:
> [swscaler @ 0x4752f00] bicubic scaler, from gbrp10le to yuv444p16le using MMXEXT

Seeing that, maybe try a different scaling algorithm, like bilinear?

One thing that just came to mind: to check the impact of the color space
conversion alone is like this:

ffmpeg -i input -sws_flags bilinear -f null -

To be honest, I have no clue if, the scaling algorithm has any effect on
quality of the conversion, but at least it might be worth shot.

On the other stuff below I am out of my depth. I am sure there are
others, that know more on that.

BTW, it helps a lot to provide the full output of the command, at least
everything before the stats line.

Peter