[FFmpeg-user] 371MB Output file for 6:50 min?

Ferdi Scholten ferdi at sttc-nlp.nl
Sun Jun 27 01:57:35 EEST 2021

Several issues

-timelimit uses CPU time in seconds, so whenever ffmpeg has used 1800
seconds CPU time on your system. This is not related to the actual
duration of the video, but how much time ffmpeg needs to execute on your
CPU, which is on a modern system a fraction of a second for every second
of video.
Use -t 1800 if you want you recording to stop after an actual duration
of 1800 seconds.
You dit not specify a codec for your output, could be that ffmpeg is
just writing raw (uncrompressed) video in there, which will grow to huge
size very fast.