[FFmpeg-user] How to improve result of transitions

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Tue Jun 22 19:26:12 EEST 2021

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 16:53, Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:
> Something else to consider is that all inputs start at the same time, so if
> you want to fade between two clips, you have to pad or delay the second so
> that it starts at the beginning of the fade. There will be examples of this
> if you search the list archive.

Is that always true? When I have tried (eg [1]) the second input
starts *after* the first, easiest to see with eg testsrc filter.

Just curious for my own learning!

Cheers,
Rob

--

[1]: ffmpeg  -f lavfi -i color=black:640x480:d=3 -f lavfi -i
testsrc=duration=3:size=640x480 -c:v h264 -crf 20 -an -pix_fmt yuv420p