[FFmpeg-user] How to improve result of transitions

iburman at compuscience.com iburman at compuscience.com
Mon Jun 21 23:07:06 EEST 2021

Attached is a result of a transition using two videos, one totally black and
one totally white, using radial transition.

Each video has 9 seconds and the transition command is:

Ffmpeg -i black.mp4 -i white.mp4 -filter_complex
"xfade=transition=radial:duration=4:offset=7"  -pix_fmt yuv420p
trans_radial_4.mp4

So based on the above I expect the transition to start at t=7 and end at
t=11, and as it is a radial transition I expect the transition to move
uniformly for 0 to 360 degree during these 4 seconds.

If I look to the video, it seems to me that the transition worked fine for
the first half (from t=7 to t = 9 while the circle goes from 0 to 180
degree. But once this point is reached, it immediately gets white, like the
second part of the transition is not happening.

Is something wrong with my command? What do I need to do to get the full
transition working?

Attached is the console output and the resulting video.

Thanks