[FFmpeg-user] Modify i frame placement in videos

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Jul 15 12:49:23 EEST 2021

Jaeho Bang (12021-07-15):
> I want to 'convert' originally chosen I frames to P frames because the
> newly encoded video will be bloated in size if I end up keeping the
> original set of I frames along with my new set of I frames. By the I->P
> conversion there is the possibility that the newly encoded video
> has smaller overall size.

You are engaging in premature optimization. Just let the codec choose,
it knows best, and "convert" the I-frame by understanding there is
nothing to do.

Then, if you have performance or size issues, come back.

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 12:02 AM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

... but learn what top-posting means, because it is forbidden here and
you will not get useful help if you do it again.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George