[FFmpeg-user] How to check if a youtube URL is valid before starting download?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Jul 9 19:47:13 EEST 2021

On 7/9/2021 3:05 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 11:46:19 +0200, Nicolas George<george at nsup.org>  wrote:
>
>> My advice for this thread: don't try to run before you can walk.
> What kind of help is that? Are you a troll?

In idiomatic English, it means to start with the simple, not with the complex.

This sounds like one of those places where cobbling something together out
of command line programs is an exercise in frustration and the time might be
better spent on working with the source code and libraries to get something
that does exactly what you want. Or at least reading the source code to see
what messages come from where.

z!