[FFmpeg-user] How to check if a youtube URL is valid before starting download?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 21:29:16 EEST 2021

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:08:37 +0100, Rob Hallam <ffmpeg at roberthallam.com> wrote:

>Please see my other reply to your other message- ffmpeg does not (to
>my knowledge) operate on web pages, as opposed to multimedia files.

I am looking for a *quick* test method just looking at the stream and deciding
in about 5 seconds weather there is a freeze or not. The test is supposed to be
run by cron at regular intervals and if a freeze is found it will send me an
alert email.
The URL it uses is in a disk file and is read from the file like the download
script does. This is designed so I can easily modify the URL if it changes even
when there are scheduled download jobs not yet executing.
(I use at scheduling for the downloads)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden