[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg electron build

Martin Barker martinbarker99 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 20:28:20 EET 2021

Hello, I am trying to make an electron app that uses ffmpeg, and I am
trying to release this electron program on the mac apple store, which means
the app needs to be sandboxed. I've been able to create a static ffmpeg
build, but my ffmpeg build stops working once I build it with my electron
mac-apple-store (mas) build, will throw this error: "illegal instruction 4"

I know this is a pretty niche project, but I know people have
successfully packaged ffmpeg into an electron app on the mac-apple-store
before, like lossless-cut (https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut)

I documented all my steps in much greater detail here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66286440/electron-ffmpeg-mas-build-illegal-instruction-4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Martin