[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg-lambda-layer and concat protocol

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Thu Feb 25 01:13:23 EET 2021

On 2021-02-24 14:36, Maksym Portianoi wrote:

> …Yeah I had a feeling that this mailing list is not the right place for me
> to ask my question but wanted to try anyway because I found someone
> elses' question on the same issue.
> I am referring to this post:
> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2019-December/046299.html

Hello, Maksym, and welcome to the ffmpeg-users email list.

Yes, it also seems to me that this is the wrong place to ask questions
about "ffmpeg-lambda-layer". If I look at the URL mentioned in the
ffmpeg-user message you linked to,

<https://serverlessrepo.aws.amazon.com/applications/arn:aws:serverlessrepo:us
-east-1:145266761615:applications~ffmpeg-lambda-layer
<https://serverlessrepo.aws.amazon.com/applications/arn:aws:serverlessrepo:us-east-1:145266761615:applications~ffmpeg-lambda-layer>>

I see a page which says, "FFmpeg/FFprobe Lambda Layer for Amazon Linux 2
AMIs. Static build of FFmpeg/FFprobe for Amazon Linux 2, packaged as a
Lambda layer." That says to me that the Lambda Layer is a mechanism
defined by Amazon AWS. This list is about ffmpeg, as invoked on a
command line on conventional PCs and similar. Thus it's reasonable that
this is not the right place to get support for either the Lambda Layer
mechanism or the ffmpeg-lambda-layer application.

> Is there any way I can see the thread for that question?

Yes. If you look at the header of that archived message, you see a link,

yasm".

The fact that the title of the next message is different than the title
of the archived message says that there are no (more) replies in that
thread.

Also, the next line of the archived message is:

If you click on the link, "[ thread ]", the archive takes you to a page
listing all the messages to that list for that month, sorted by message
thread. Find the original message in that listing. It is the only one in
its thread.

The FFmpeg-user list archive behaves similarly to a number of other list
archives. The same approach may work for you with other lists.

Good luck concatenating your mp3 files! Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt