[FFmpeg-user] Naming chapters in Matroska video

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Fri Feb 19 01:43:28 EET 2021

Am 19.02.21 um 00:05 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:00 AM Ulf Zibis <Ulf.Zibis at cosoco.de> wrote:
>
>> But I don't see the video title in VLC media player (but chapters are
>> correct), see attached screen shot.
>>

>> Also the global metadata seems little "unusual":
>>     Metadata:
>>       SOURCE_TYPE     : dvd
>>       title           : Experiment
>>       encoder         : Lavf58.67.100
>> I would expect (capitalized and other order):
>>     Metadata:
>>       SOURCE_TYPE     : dvd
>>       ENCODER         : Lavf58.67.100
>>       title           : Experiment
>>

> Everything  is explained in documentation. My time is very limited.

Sorry for that, but I've carefully read the documentation and found nothing about my two questions.

Can you give me a small hint?

For the solved question about importing chapter names I think, the documentation of -map_metadata should note, that is doesn't serve for chapter metadata, and that option -map_chapters should be used instead.

-Ulf