[FFmpeg-user] Trying to stream to rtmp from my rsp4 and a GoPro

Mike Soultanian mike at soultanian.com
Sun Feb 14 21:48:46 EET 2021

On 2/14/2021 8:57 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am So., 14. Feb. 2021 um 17:53 Uhr schrieb Mike Soultanian
> <mike at soultanian.com>:
>> On 2/14/2021 3:27 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>> Please provide this command line including complete, uncut console
>>> output to allow us understanding what's going on:
>>> $ ffmpeg -ts abs -i /dev/video0 -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:CARD=capture,DEV=0
> Any difference if you use mono2abs instead of abs?

Unfortunately no - same results.  So as sanity check, and I'm annoyed
(and I apologize) that I didn't try this sooner (I blame it on
ffmpg/audio/video brain overload), I plugged in my Logitech c920 webcam
and ran similar commands and it was able to record audio and video, so
I'm guessing that there is an issue with this capture card (that's my
best guess).  Last night I ordered an Elgato Camlink 4k as I saw an
article that used that capture card (and they specifically say it needs
to be UVC/UAC-compatible) and it should be here this evening.  Lemme
give that whirl and see if it produces better results.  I was hoping not
to purchase yet another capture card, but that camlink is pretty
well-respected and I'm sure I'll get use out of it for other stuff as well.

Should ffmpeg be able to capture from any capture card, or are there
hardware limitations that would cause these kinds of issues to the point
where you just say it's not even possible with that particular device,
or have you tried to make ffmpeg robust enough to handle anything?  The
capture device is a generic "ezcap" chipset that's rebranded for
different manufacturers that I found on Amazon - they don't even have
the specific item listed that I purchased any more...

Thanks!

Mike