[FFmpeg-user] Out of virtual memory (swap, I assume)

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Wed Feb 3 00:52:00 EET 2021

On 02/02/2021 05:20 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Di., 2. Feb. 2021 um 19:38 Uhr schrieb Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:
>>
>> minterpolate filter may leak memory, i havent tried to run it under
>> valgrind because i have only 4GB of RAM, and slow CPU.
>
> valgrind shows no leak, afair minterpolate only allocates its
> buffers once at initialization.
>
> Carl Eugen

If that's true, what's eating the swap? Transcoding parts 1, 2, 3, & 4 all succeeded when running
concurrently. Transcoding part 5 fails, even when ffmpeg is the only app running.

Dropbox apparently overcame its problem. My upload will finish in a few minutes. I'll post the link
to my package when it has completed.

--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.