[FFmpeg-user] No multicast request from client

Knutsen, Arne Arne.Knutsen at wartsila.com
Mon Feb 1 08:48:39 EET 2021

I'm using this SDP-file:

v=0
m=video 49550 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 239.255.50.5/127
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

And this command:
ffmpeg.exe -protocol_whitelist rtp,udp,file -i h264.sdp

I've used Wireshark to check all network-interfaces for multicast-request, but nothing happens.
Since I have multiple NICs, maybe I have to specify which NIC to use, so using this command works:

Fmpeg ..... -i udp://239.255.50.5:49550?localaddr=172.17.1.227

But hen, ffmpeg complains about the video-format, as it isn't specified using an SDP-file (type 96)

So anyone: How to specify both SDP-file and the localaddr-option at the same time ?

OS: Windows 10

/arne