[FFmpeg-user] Why FFMPEG?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 16 16:28:30 EEST 2021

Am 16.08.21 um 15:25 schrieb Android PowerUser:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> schrieb am Mo., 16. Aug. 2021, 15:08:
>

>> Am 16.08.21 um 15:03 schrieb Reindl Harald:
>>> child i don't write FRONTEND CRAP - i run the servers, the networks, the
>>> backends
>>>
>>> how do you imagine to maintain a 250000 (250k) lines codebase on a
>>> smartphone?
>>>
>>> how do you imagine having your IDE, mail-lcient, monitorings and a
>>> dozens of terminals at the same time visible on a smartphone?
>>

> Looks like the difference is because we're different types of users. I jump
> from one to the next.  Particularly interesting: the new one.  FFMPEG is of
> course not new, but at some point it's time and then it goes to the next
> interesting project. If it can be avoided, rarely in parallel.

and that's why you are *not* a power user!

i can't switch all day long between apps to look if on some machine i am
repsonsible for something goes wrong

i need as much as informations at the same time
and i can handle to work on 3 tasks at the same time

with you idiotic phone 50% auf my day would be wasted by swiching apps
and say "ok, all fine there"