[FFmpeg-user] Problem using RIST protocol

Humza Shahid allahdita at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:41:09 EEST 2021

Hi,

I am using ffmpeg version 4.4. I am trying to use RIST protocol for output.
I use the following command to generate RIST output:

ffmpeg -re -i input.mp4 -c copy -f mpegts -rist_profile simple rist://
236.0.0.2:30000

This command works fine and starts streaming.

I use the following ffplay command to play the output:

ffplay rist://236.0.0.2:30000

but ffplay gets stuck and doesn't play anything as if it is not receiving
any packets. But if I use udp instead of rist in ffplay command then it
starts playing.

Am I doing something wrong?

P.S
It doesn't matter which rist profile I use, the behaviour is the same.

Regards
Hamza