[FFmpeg-user] forceidx

DEF shaker.doc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:09:26 EEST 2021

On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 at 15:15, Jacques Perconte
<jacques.perconte at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to merge several avi files (dozen) witthout touching the internal frame structure.
> The « cat »  command marge priorly the files, but I need to rebuild the index. If not, only the first pasted file is accessible.
> Today I use mencoder, but I would love to use ffmpeg if possible.

Yes. The concat demuxer can be used to merge avi files.
You need to make sure you have a recent version of ffmpeg.
The command below can be used.

ls *.avi | while read each; do echo "file '$each'" >> mylist.txt; done

then

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt  -c copy  youroutput.avi

Def.