[FFmpeg-user] Preserving PAL 720x576 resolution

Erik Dobberkau erik.dobberkau at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:43:03 EEST 2021

> I don't like it, I definitely do not doubt the relevance (I did look into
> the issue several times), I just want to point out that once the issue
> is fixed (from our pov), it is possible that the requested feature
> (remuxing of "interlaced" j2k) will still not work, and never will.
>
> Otoh, it may be possible to only fix the remuxing without supporting
> the content;-(
> (the worst case, imo)
>
> Carl Eugen

It would be interesting to see the raw dump of both MXF headers, because MI
doesn't necessarily display some header entries correctly in the GUI when
using standard and advanced view mode (but they are correctly shown in the
Debug view mode, which is hardly comprehensible for the vast majority of
users).
It might also be worth for the OP to try bmxtranswrap. (knowing this is
nothing being fancied on this list, but I'm a fan of finding and using the
right tools for a job, not arguing whether the task at hand is legitimate
or not in the first place. Exceptions apply, of course.)

Erik