[FFmpeg-user] How to convert video.ts to video.mp4 efficiently?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Apr 13 19:23:04 EEST 2021

On 4/13/2021 9:11 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> How do I specify an output format? I did not do that in the original command
> where the size was also changed and it still made the mp4 format...

Not to be unkind, but have you read the man page for ffmpeg?

-f fmt (input/output)
     Force input or output file format. The format is normally auto detected
for input files and guessed from the file extension for output files, so
this option is not needed in most cases.

If you call the output file fred.mp4, without saying otherwise you're going
to get an mp4 file.

Please read up on all of the options you're using- for instance, -vf without
a filtergraph is meaningless.

z!