[FFmpeg-user] audio normalization - nth attempt

Emanuel Berg moasenwood at zoho.eu
Tue Apr 13 02:36:53 EEST 2021

Audio normalization - nth attempt... state: conversation
volume good, music waay to loud, explosions etc ditto.

This mpv(1) setting

  audio-normalize-downmix

doesn't seem to do anything or am I blind? deaf? also

  ad-lavc-ac3drc=6

has no effect what I can hear. even if it is my hearing and
they do have effects, the problem still remains 100%

This

  af=dynaudnorm

works tho to some degree. I found this example on the web

  af=dynaudnorm=p=0.71:m=100:s=12:g=15

How would one operate these option values for this situation?

One problem with just af=dynaudnorm is that when you
backtrack to play a sequence again the volume drops so much
you don't hear anything, almost, until it picks up
much later.

This whole problem is, I don't know. When I was watching TV
as a kid this was never a problem. What has changed and what
do we do about it?

TIA

PS. config file:
      https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/mpv/mpv.conf