[FFmpeg-user] Why are PTS values different from what's expected?

pdr0 pdr0 at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 1 21:14:14 EEST 2021

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote

> Is this another documentation problem?
>
> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#fps-1
> "11.88 fps
> Convert the video to specified constant frame rate by duplicating or
> dropping frames as necessary."
>
> I want to duplicate (specifically, double and only double) all frames. And
> I want to avoid any
> dropping. I guess the key is: What does 'as neccessary' mean?
>
> Like so much of the documentation, it's vague.
>
> That 'said', I've seen fps drop frames that had slightly 'late' PTSs.

It achieves desired framerate by adding or dropping frames. If your
timestamps are "off", the expected results will be "off"

If you have buggy input timestamps , another option might be setts bitstream
filter that was committed recently

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html#setts

--
Sent from: http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/